In our blog we share useful information and articles about studying in the UK. 

  • AdobeStock_116481306.jpeg

    What is a Guardian? Why do I need one?

    18/03/2019 16:00
    People often ask me the same questions when I say I am a guardian. "What's that? What do you do?" The simple answer is that I look after international students whose parents are overseas.

    What is a guardian? A guardian, or more accurately, an educational guardian, is a UK based adult over the age of 25 appointed by parents to look after their children while they are studying in the UK. The UK guardian acts 'in loco parentis' or 'in the place of a parent'. The guardian is responsible for taking care of the students' welfare and educational needs while they are studying in the UK.

Let us know if there is something you would like us to write about! We are always happy to post information that is useful for our students and their families.